On this episode of the Patient Activation Network Podcast, we talk to Phyllis S. Quinlan, author and nurse entrepreneur, about bullying in healthcare. Phyllis has practiced in a variety of emergency services, acute care, subacute care and long term care settings. She holds national certifications in Critical Care, Emergency Nursing and Nursing Professional Development; and has held senior leadership positions in administration and education. She is also a Legal Nurse Consultant.
She is a regular on the online program, Nursing Success TV http://www.nursingsuccesstv.com in her Ask Dr. Phyllis coaching segment and she was a featured speaker in five of the Take Care of Your Nursing Career Webcast Series offered by the National Healthcare Career Network.
On this podcast, Phyllis is also discusses her new book, Bringing Shadow Behavior into the Light of Day. This book provides healthcare leaders with a guideline for the assessment and management of the disruptive behaviors of bullying and incivility. It is time to definitively address the behaviors that lurk in the shadows and undermine RN and other professional caregiver’s vitality and resilience. How we treat each other is directly related to how we engage our patients and their families.
- About Phyllis S. Quinlan, PhD, RN-BC
- Bullying culture in healthcare
- Where bullying originates
- How disruptive behavior puts patients at risk
- Why caregivers are susceptible to bullying
- Reporting bullying without fear of retribution
- Reforming bullying behavior
- About Bringing Shadow Behavior into the Light of Day
- Closing Thoughts
- To learn more about Phyllis or her books, please visit: http://www.mfwconsultants.com/
Click the podcast player above to listen, or you can find our podcast on your favorite channels: iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn, and more. Thank you for listening and we look forward to bringing you another inspirational story soon.